20 março 2007

Poesia

Um livro ótimo: A Day for a Lay: a century of gay poetry, coordenado por Gavin Dillard, onde pode-se ler:

Explanation

I am nor gay by your definition
I will not stand in the drab beige men's room
like a fern watered with urine,
and wait for penises. I'm sorry.
Morality will just have to change.

I speak directly to the sons of
your officials, under the moon,
with professors listening.

We have burned the closet door in effigy.
There will be no more watching for the feet
of policemen under the partition.
Nor the mediocrity of masses of shuffling gays
in the dark bars, ghettoed and ethnic.

I love men. I tell them so directly.
Wherever we encounter, there are no categories.

William Barber foi mais uma vítima da AIDS, ceifado no auge de sua vida.
Este poema está na página 183.

Nenhum comentário: